Pages

Friday 2 March 2012

Learning is my spice of life

I am so excited to finally start this blog!  I set it up just over one year ago with the intention of having a place to put my thoughts, to respond to the crazy and mind boggling information that I come across on the web... but time passed and I was gripped with that first a-bit-fearful type of writers block ...  nevermind that now, things have changed, I have grown, and I can't wait to get started.

A quick background introduction for you the reader: I was born to a fantastic german couple who brought me along with them to 'clean-green-New Zealand' when I was 8 years old to live 'the better lifestyle'.  It was a great idea, I grew up surrounded by nature and was very hands on with anything. Jumping ahead many years, I graduated with a Master of Science (Technology) in molecular biology from the University of Waikato and then took up a Research Technician position at the Auckland Cancer Society Research with Prof. Bill Wilson investigating therapeutic drug synergy in a preclinical setting.  Eventually, I moved on to become his P.A. and Operations Assistant for the Centre, where I am currently leading a variety of efficiency improvement projects. 

For the past few years I have been spending many hours on the ever expanding web, just curious to learn as much about the world as I could.  I was looking for something that really stimulates me and where I could see opportunites and niches to get involved; sustainability won out, and now it's early 2012 and I am enrolled at Otago Polytechnic's Centre for Sustainable Practice doing a Graduate Diploma.  So happy to be learning again, and about a topic I love!  "In awe...every day" is my blog where I get to record and share my learning experience; my journey to sustainability.

No comments:

Post a Comment