Pages

Tuesday 24 April 2012

Neighborland

Something I keep coming across is the need for communities to set their own priorities and create their shared living space.  It's how things used to be before we all became so independent and successful - competitive instead of cooperative!  So I was quite excited when I came across an idea called Neighborland, found here, and I summarise it as 'Facebook for communities' so they can talk to each other and cooperate again to create well functioning and unique places that people will want to live in. I like the idea of restricting access to just those people who are living in the community, but having it open within this circle so anyone can contribute.  I imagine it could be a platform for communicating with local government too, on the same aims as shaping our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment